1. INCOME: Gross income per apartment must be two and a half (2.5) times the amount of the rent. Applicants employer must verify income in writing. A copy of the applicants three (3) most recent pay stubs is also required. If not verifiable by employer, we require certification from the bank that the account maintains funds equivalent to six (6) months of rent. Proof of student loan or financial aid will also be an acceptable alternative.
2. EMPLOYMENT: A prospect must have verifiable current employment and six (6) months of employment history or a verifiable source of income. School will be accepted as an alternative to employment history provided it can be verified.
3. CREDIT: All applicants must provide a valid social security number. Applicants who are not permitted to have a social security number will have to supply satisfactory alternative identification. For example, a valid foreign passport or I-10 form. Applicants for whom negative credit information is reported for more than 30% of current accounts do not meet credit requirements. A current account is an account that is currently open or a closed account that has had no activity within the past two years.
4. RESIDENCY/RENTAL HISTORY: Two (2) years of verifiable residency on current/previous address(es) with at least six (6) months of rental or home ownership history. If rental history is from a private owner, a copy of the rental agreement and the six (6) most recent rent receipts payable to owner must be supplied.
5. AN APPLICANT WILL AUTOMATICALLY BE DENIED FOR THE FOLLOWING REASONS:
- Having unresolved debts to a current/previous landlord/mortgagor and/or non-compliance with any terms of the lease/contract and/or community policies, within the last two years.
- Having been evicted or currently in the process of being evicted by a landlord for cause, within the last eight years.
- Having a foreclosure in the past 12 months.
- Bankruptcy has been filed, or is currently under consideration, and no final order of discharge has been entered.
- Any information on the rental application is not true.
- Having been convicted of manufacturing or distributing a controlled substance or crimes against a person. Having been convicted of a felony.
NOTE: If applicant or any other intended occupant has any type of criminal background, the applicant and all other intended
occupants may be denied.
6. AGE: Applicants must be at least 18 years of age.
7. OCCUPANCY: Maximum number of occupants per apartment: Single studio: 3 occupants; Double studio: 3 occupants; 2-bedroom unit: 5 occupants. If for any reason, the number of occupants exceeds the maximum number for that floor plan, residents will have a maximum of 60 days to transfer to the appropriate floor plan to comply with federal occupancy limits.
8. ADMINISTRATIVE FEE/SECURITY DEPOSIT: A non-refundable administrative fee of $100 will be charged at time of application. A security deposit will also be charged at time of application. If the application is not approved, a check for the amount of the security deposit will be mailed to applicant within 30 days.
9. PET FEE/PET POLICY: Maximum of two pets allowed per unit with a 100-pound weight limit; there is a non-refundable pet fee of $300 for one pet or $400 for two pets. There is an additional monthly pet rent of $25 per pet.
10. RENT: All rent, deposits, and fees must be paid in full by money order, cashiers check, credit card or ACH payment.
11. All applicants must meet Items 5-10. If a prospective resident meets less than two of the criteria listed in items 1-4, the following options may be available:
- A guarantor may be used. The guarantor must complete an application, pay the application fee, and meet all criteria (income must be four times the amount of the rent) and sign all required paper work.
- If the prospective resident does not have a guarantor, the first full months rent and up to one months rent for the deposit must be paid in advance with a cashiers check, money order, credit card or ACH payment.
12. Housing built before 1978 may contain lead-based paint. Lead from paint, paint chips and dust can pose health hazards if not taken care of properly. Lead exposure is especially harmful to young children and pregnant women. Before renting pre-1978 Housing, landlords must disclose the presence of known lead-based paint hazards. New residents must also receive a federally Approved pamphlet on lead poisoning prevention. This property was built before 1978.
13. SMOKE FREE COMMUNITY: This property is a 100% smoke free community. Smoking will not be allowed in any outdoor common areas or indoor spaces, including residents apartments. Smoking includes any e-cigarette and/or vaping devices.
WE DO BUSINESS IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE FEDERAL FAIR HOUSING LAW (FAIR HOUSING AMENDMENT ACT 1988).